Student Guardian Visa – Subclass 590

Australia PR visa
Student Guardian Visa - Subclass 590

Student Guardian Visa

This visa allows you to take care of a student under 18 years of age in Australia. You have the flexibility to provide assistance to more than one student simultaneously.

Duration and Extension:

Once the visa is granted, you can stay in Australia until the date specified on your visa grant letter. If you wish to extend your stay, you can apply for a further Student Guardian Visa.

Family Members:

You cannot bring family members under 6 years of age. Family members over 6 years need to apply for their own student visa.

  • Application fee for the main applicant: AUD 620.00
  • Additional Charges for dependents: AUD 470.00
Processing Time:

No specific processing time is provided.

Visa Conditions:
  1. 8101 – No Work:   You must not work in Australia.
  2. 8201 – Maximum 3 Months Study:   You can study up to 20 hours a week on an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS).
  3. 8501 – Maintain Adequate Health Insurance:   You must have and maintain adequate health insurance for the whole of your stay in Australia.
  4. 8502 – Not Arrive Before Person Specified in the Visa:   You must not enter Australia before the person specified in the visa has entered, usually the main visa holder or another relevant person.
  5. 8516 – Continue to Satisfy the Criteria for the Grant of the Visa:   You must continue to satisfy the criteria for the grant of the visa.
  6. 8534 – No Further Stay:   While in Australia, new substantive visas will not be granted except for specific circumstances like Subclass 485 (Temporary Graduate), Subclass 590 (Student Guardian), or a Protection visa.
  1. 8537 – Live with the Student and Provide for Their Accommodation, Support, and Welfare:   You must live in Australia while the nominating student is in the country, staying with them, providing appropriate accommodation, support, and general welfare.
  1. 8538 – Not Leave Australia Without the Student Without Our Approval: You must not leave Australia without the student without approval. If leaving without the student, you must prove compassionate and compelling reasons and make alternative arrangements for their accommodation, support, and general welfare.