Change Course in Australia

university, college, campus-2540603.jpg
Are you also in dilemma?

Course Change in Australia

“Can I change my course in Australia?” The answer is certainly YES, but rest assured, you’re not alone. There comes a time in our lives when we become skeptical about our choices. Having second thoughts about your studies or feeling discontent at your chosen university is entirely normal.

If you’re contemplating changing or leaving your course, this guide will help you understand the available options.

Acme Immigration Consultants offer much-needed assistance on how to communicate your genuine intention to change course in Australia.

Why are you considering changing or leaving your course?

Before making any decisions, it’s crucial to identify the problem and try to find a solution. Some common issues faced by students include:
  • Individual modules
  • The course itself
  • The university
  • Academic challenges at the university level
  • Personal or family reasons
  • Financial concerns
Your next step should be seeking advice and clarifying the different paths available to you. After that, weigh the pros and cons to choose thecourse of action that best suits your needs.

Who can help you change or leave your course in Australia ?

Typically, the authorities around you can provide assistance and guidance. Consider consulting the following individuals or bodies:

  • Your course tutor or department office, who can advise you on adapting your course, accessing study skill help, and transferring to another course.
  • Your university’s careers service, which can offer advice on career options and the potential impact of changing or leaving your course.
  • Student services at your university to understand how your funding entitlement will be affected by your plans.

How to change course in Australia?

If you’re an international student contemplating changing courses in Australia, the process is comprehensive:

  1. If you decide to change your course in Australia before completing six months of your principal course, you need permission from your existing institution to transfer to another one. Ensure you understand your education provider’s transfer policy and your written agreement before attempting to enroll elsewhere.
  2. If your institution denies permission and you’re dissatisfied, use the internal appeal process. If still unsatisfied, appeal to an external body, such as the State or Territory Ombudsman or the Overseas Student Ombudsman. Notify the Department of Home Affairs, Australia, of any changes in your institution or course and provide an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) from your new institution.
  3. Once your transfer application is granted, check your student visa requirements and follow the correct procedures to maintain your visa. Ensure you stay updated on changes to your visa by visiting the Department of Home Affairs, Australia, or contacting immigration consultancies like Acme Immigration Consultants to remain compliant with the law.