Student Dependent Visa – Subclass 500

student visa and admission process Acme migration
Dependent Visa Subclass 500

Student Dependent Visa

Leaving your family in your home country while pursuing studies in Australia can be a challenging task. You can always add your family members/dependents under your student visa after being granted within the visa tenure.

Acme Immigration Consultants’ qualified team will assist you in drafting a statement that meets the Genuine Temporary Entrant criteria. We specialize in ensuring that all criteria are thoroughly met.

The Student Subsequent Entrant (Student Dependent Visa) Subclass 500 visa allows your dependents to accompany you in Australia while you pursue your studies.

Acme Immigration Consultants’ qualified team will help you in writing a statement that meets the genuine temporary entrant criteria. We specialize in assisting our clients, ensuring all criteria are met.

Visa Eligibility Criteria:

  • You must have a valid student visa.
  • You can only include your partner and children.
  • All family member details must be declared in the student visa* application, or
  • If the applicant became a member of the family unit of the primary person before the grant of the student visa to the primary person, then his/her information must be provided in the primary applicant’s student visa application.
  • For children to be included in the application, they must be unmarried and under 18 years old.
  • Your dependents must hold and provide a valid Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for your entire visa tenure.
  • You must meet the financial requirements. You must demonstrate sufficient access to funds for one year, including your family. Use the Student visa financial calculator.

  • Your dependents must meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant criteria. Our qualified team can assist you in writing the statement.

  • Your dependents must undertake the visa medical examinations in the last 12 months before the lodgment of the visa application.

  • Your dependents must meet the character requirements.

* If you fail to disclose your family member’s details, the department may refuse to grant them visas.

Student Subsequent Entrant Visa Processing Time:

Once the application is submitted, and all documents are uploaded, it takes around 5-8 months to get the decision. (Time period may vary)

Student Visa Application Fee (in AUD):

Applicants can always include their family members who wish to accompany them while they study in Australia.

  • Student Subsequent Entrant Application Fee: $700.00
  • Additional Applicant Charge 18+: $460.00
  • Additional Applicant Charge U18: $150.00

*Additional costs include overseas student health cover, biometrics, and health checks. In some cases, you may also be asked to provide police checks to prove your character.

Visa Conditions:


  • 8201 – Maximum three months study: You are allowed up to but not exceeding three months of study or training while in Australia.
  • 8104 – Work limitation: You must not engage in work until the primary student visa holder has commenced a course of study. You are also not permitted to work for more than 40 hours a fortnight while in Australia.
  • 8501 – Maintain health insurance: You must maintain adequate arrangements for health insurance (generally Overseas Student Health Cover) while in Australia.
  • 8516 – Must maintain eligibility: You must continue to maintain your eligibility as a person who would satisfy the criteria for the grant of your visa.

How Can We Help?

As mentioned, we will be with you at every step of the process.

  • Acme Immigration Consultants represent multiple OSHC providers like BUPA, Allianz, AHM, NIB, and Medibank. We can arrange health insurance for you at a competitive price where you will get the most coverage.
  • Acme Immigration Consultants’ qualified team will help assist you in writing a statement meeting the Genuine Temporary Entrant criteria. We specialize in assisting our clients, ensuring all criteria are met.
  • Meeting student visa financial requirements. Most student visa holders rely on bank loans to fund their studies. Obtaining a loan could be a tedious process. At Acme Immigration, we can simplify the process for you. With the change in rules, now anyone can fund your studies, and the funds do not need to be 3 months old as well. Also, any of your family, relatives, or friends can provide financial support.